Amanda Feldman is an Engagement Manager at Volans, shaping social innovation strategy with global businesses, government leaders and entrepreneurs while actively contributing to Volans’ research initiatives.
Amanda brings grassroots experience in social enterprise, public health policy and corporate social innovation to Volans. She founded Peer Partners, a youth volunteer group that launches global service projects around health, poverty and education. Her projects have brought her from the steps of the White House to classrooms and conferences across Europe, Africa and East Asia, collaborating internationally on public health and education policy. Amanda’s passion for youth advocacy led to prior service on the New Jersey Governor’s Council on Volunteerism and Community Service and the American Red Cross Atlantic/Cumberland Chapter Board of Directors, as well as recognition by the American Lung Association and US Congress, among others, for her efforts. Recent work before joining Volans focused on developing impact evaluation capabilities for social enterprise, and consulting on corporate citizenship strategy for Tata Steel Global Wires in Mumbai, India, launching their first social enterprise to manufacture low-cost spectacles from steel wire.
She holds a B.A. in English and Spanish literature from the University of Pennsylvania and a Master in Public Administration (MPA), focusing on Public Policy and Management, from the London School of Economics.
Recent speaking appearances include:
- UK-Japan Innovation Journey – Presenting Introduction to Social Innovation in the UK – London – December 2012.
- Good Deals – Chair – How Corporates Venture Towards Breakthrough: Starting a Market Revolution from the Inside-Out - London – November 2012.
- Bridging the Gap: Investing in Small Enterprise in Asia - Chair – Asia House – London – November 2012. Listen here.
- Bristol Social Enterprise Conference – Case Study Presentation – Bristol University – November 2012.
- Social Innovation Forum - Keynote – Tokyo – Nippon Foundation – July 2012. See video here.
- Social Innovation in Asia - Moderator – Asia House – London – April 2012
- Oxford Jam - Session Leader – In Good Company & Building the Future Quo – Oxford – March 2012. See video here.
- 9th Annual Doing Good and Doing Well (DGDW) Conference – Panel – Achieving Sustainability in Business and Society – Barcelona – February 2012
- LSE Ethical Careers – London School of Economics – 2012 & 2013
- Tata Social Enterprise Conference – London – December 2011
- Hub Westminster Changemakers Fayre - London – October 2011
And recent publications:
- Taar Sansar - Tata Steel Global Wires. Connecting the Dots. Amanda Feldman – September 2012.
- HIP Investor / Sustainable Brands: New Metrics of Sustainable Development. In Pursuit of Zero. John Elkington & Amanda Feldman – September 2012
- VER Portal. O Negócio da Inovação Social. John Elkington & Amanda Feldman – March 2012
- The Guardian Sustainable Business Blog. Rioters or Deviant Entrepreneurs? Charmian Love & Amanda Feldman – August 2011