Charmian Love is Chief Executive of Volans. She works with leadership teams in corporations and country-based stakeholder groups to design and implement innovation strategies. In addition to her client work, Charmian also works on Volans’ research projects. Her recent report is The Future Quotient, launched in October 2011 in partnership with JWT, which focuses on the need for future-focused leadership and intergenerational innovation.
Prior to joining Volans, Charmian was a consultant with The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) as well as an Appraiser and Fine Art Specialist with Chubb Insurance. She co-founded the United Way’s GenNext Cabinet in Canada and is the Past Chair of The Flavelle Foundation. Currently, Charmian sits on The RSA’s Fellowship Council and the RSA’s Catalyst Selection Panel, and is an Advisory Board member of the Queen’s University Centre for Responsible Leadership. She graduated with a degree in Art History from Queen’s University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
Recent publications include:
- The Future Quotient: 50 Stars in Seriously Long-Term Innovation. John Elkington, Charmian Love and Alastair Morton – October 2011
- The Guardian Sustainable Business Blog: Rioters or Deviant Entrepreneurs?Charmian Love & Amanda Feldman – September 2011
- People Bulletin: In Praise of Dynamic Duos. John Elkington, David Grayson & Charmian Love – May 2011
- Harvard Business Review: When the CEO’s Personal Crusade Drives Decisions.Commentary as Expert – June 2010
- Fast Company Blog Series: Wild Cards for Tomorrow’s C-Suite. John Elkington & Charmian Love – April 2010
- Social Enterprise Magazine: Irresistible Attraction. John Elkington & Charmian Love – April 2010
- Business at Oxford: The Phoenix Economy. John Elkington & Charmian Love – Summer 2009.
- The Phoenix Economy: Pioneers in the Business of Social innovation. John Elkington, Alejandro Litovsky & Charmian Love – April 2009.
- CSR Network: Is China Contaminating its Global Brand? John Elkington & Charmian Love – February 2008